|By Mark R. Hinkle||
|October 20, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
CloudOpen 2014 – Mixing Your Open Source Cloud Cocktail
Here’s the presentation I gave at the Linux Foundation’s CloudOpen in Dusseldorf on October 13, 2014 titled Mixing Your Open Source Cloud Cocktail
Add two parts virtualization, one part orchestration add a little networking shake and pour. Unfortunately cloud computing isn’t that easy but then again not all clouds are the same and tastes may vary.
This talk will discuss how the varying open source technologies like OpenStack, Docker, LXC and others can be mixed together to make something that appeals to the needs of a wide variety of users.
There’s also no problem in abstaining from building your own cloud but still benefiting from the open source tooling to maximize the benefits of the public cloud.
Slide deck here
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing Expo 2009 West: Call for Papers Now Closed
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo New York to Attract More Than 8,000 Delegates
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Cloud Expo and The End of Tech Recession
- Adaptivity “Platinum Plus Sponsor” of Cloud Expo
- Unisys Named “Platinum Sponsor” of Cloud Computing Expo
- The Secret Behind The Incredible Growth of Cloud Expo