|By Jeremy Geelan||
|June 5, 2012 02:30 AM EDT||
With Cloud Expo 2012 New York (10th Cloud Expo) now just one week away, what better time to remind you in greater detail of the distinguished individuals in our incredible Speaker Faculty for the technical and strategy sessions at the conference...
We have technical and strategy sessions for you every day from June 11 through June 14 dealing with every nook and cranny of Cloud Computing and Big Data, but what of those who are presenting? Who are they, where do they work, what else have they written and/or said about the Cloud that is transforming the world of Enterprise IT, side by side with the exploding use of enterprise Big Data – processed in the Cloud – to drive value for businesses...?
CLOUD EXPO SPEAKER NAME: Mårten Mickos
COMPANY: Eucalyptus Systems
10TH CLOUD EXPO SESSION TITLE: Clouds Are All About APIs
SESSION DESCRIPTION: http://cloudcomputing.sys-con.com/node/2164553
BRIEF BIOGRAPHY: Mårten Mickos is CEO of Eucalyptus Systems. From 2001-8 he was CEO of MySQL AB, which was then bought by Sun. In September 2009 he become Entrepreneur in Residence at Benchmark Capital. He joined Eucalyptus as CEO in March 2010. According to no less an authority than BusinessWeek, Mickos "has a track record of building global disruptive businesses."
BLOG: Frequent contributor to Eucalyptus Systems Blog
RECENT CLOUD COMPUTING QUOTE:
"Known worldwide as cloud pioneers from our times as an advanced research project at UC Santa Barbara, we [came out in August 2011] with an industry first: a private cloud platform with built-in High Availability.
In the last year we have seen over 25,000 Eucalyptus clouds start up all over the world. More and more companies with unpredictable and variable workloads are seeing the benefits of computational elasticity. Consumers are fickle, and if your website or mobile app isn't up to the load, you lose customers. PUMA, Wetpaint, Plinga and USDA are examples of organizations running massive production workloads on Eucalyptus.
Eucalyptus is known in the trade as a serious and robust piece of software. What runs on Eucalyptus runs well."
[from the Eucalyptus Systems company blog]
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing Expo 2009 West: Call for Papers Now Closed
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo New York to Attract More Than 8,000 Delegates
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Cloud Expo and The End of Tech Recession
- Adaptivity “Platinum Plus Sponsor” of Cloud Expo
- Unisys Named “Platinum Sponsor” of Cloud Computing Expo
- The Secret Behind The Incredible Growth of Cloud Expo